Sunday 27 November 2011

succulent rain

So special are those moments when we look at something and don't want the moment to pass, when we really want to savour how beautiful something is, and although a photo cannot capture everything we feel or smell or see, we can at least attempt to keep a tiny glimpse of it.

I love the rain we've had in Melbourne lately (after a dry few years).  I've especially loved the sound of steady rain on the roof at night, when the kids are all tucked into bed, and the lights are dim.  I also really love the vibrancy of colour it brings out in nature in the daytime...the greens are so much greener, and everything seems to sparkle!

I'm not much of a photographer, but I love the colours that have come out in these few photos, in which I've attempted to capture glimpses of something beautiful.  Enjoy :)







No comments: